Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Let's See How THIS goes...

To start off... I just LOVE pics of kiddos while they are eating.. I don't know why, but I just do, so here is the kiddos with their lunch Monday afternoon.. Emma was sooo excited that she found "Letters in my name" in her Cheese-Its.


 Okay.. now onto the REAL blog post...

I have felt like since the passing of Branson I haven't really been motivated to do anything. The kids behavior has been off the walls, I've been stressed, and all I want to do is sit on the couch/at the table/at my desk and do computer work or watch TV while they are playing in their playroom or watching cartoons. This HAD TO STOP!! They were getting into trouble because they were doing things they weren't supposed to because they were bored!

Well, I sat down yesterday and wrote out a schedule for the day. This schedule involves getting outside (all of us), going for walks, doing crafts, coloring, story time, and just having fun.. LET ME TELL YOU.... it's EXHAUSTING playing with your kiddos all day long :D

So, when they got up from nap yesterday, they were excited to see that I had something planned special for them. We were doing a "Fizzy" Experiment, as Emma called it. It was super fun and kept them entertained for a good 30-45 min!! SCORE! I found the idea on Pinterest and already had all the stuff to do it at home. All you had to have was baking soda, a pan, vinegar, a medicine dropper and food coloring.. You put the food coloring in the bottom of the pan (I did 2 so there would be no fighting). You then take the vinegar and add the food coloring to it (I did 4 different colors because 1 color is just BORING!) They took the medicine dropper with vinegar in it and squirted it on the baking soda.. WOW... FIZZIES!!!

Here are the kiddos doing their "Fizzy" Experiment...

** I love how Braxton was trying to get into the experiment too!!**

So, that was the trial run of how they would do with craft/experiments.. They did great and they loved it! SCORE.. so, today we have started our schedule. It's been so hard for me to stay off of the computer all day, but I've done pretty well. I've been playing it up with them. First we went outside and played together...

**Emma trying to throw and catch the ball**
***Side Note: thank you to our neighbor for throwing our ball back over the fence sometime between last night and this morning!!***

**He's so yummy!**

We came in and had a snack and then we did our experiment/craft/whatever you want to call it for the day.. This one is fun, but super messy, which I didn't mind.. You take a bar of Ivory soap and microwave it for 1 min. It gets super big and fluffy. Then you put that in a pan (again I did 2 of these so there were no fighting) and add 1 1/2 c water to it.  After that, you start shredding up CHEAP toilet paper and adding it to the mix. You keep kneading it until it's all mixed together. It becomes this cool, great smelling, mold-able, mess! The girls LOVED it. We were supposed to go on a walk after that and the girls didn't want to clean up, they wanted to continue playing. They played with that stuff for an hour!!!! Check out some of the pics...

 **I love Emma's face in the far right next to the bottom one**
**Bottom second from left, they are waiting on the microwave to beep**

That was fun.. we got cleaned up and had lunch.. (yes, I have another lunch picture!!)...



... and then read one of my favorite children's books before heading to nap time!!



That brings me to now.. I have done 4 loads of laundry and a load of dishes.. I'm pooped! Now I have to go and make a dessert for tonight.. We have friends coming over.. I'll post the pics and recipe once it is done... Till later...






Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Our summer has gone SO much smoother since I implemented a schedule for the kids. If you need ideas for outside activities, I have some!

    ReplyDelete