Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Oh.My.Craftiness!!!

As CHRISTMAS gets closer and closer, we are preparing gifts to give to family and friends.. Yesterday, December 12, was FULL of Craftiness, Crabbiness, and Craziness.. Enjoy...

I love when I wake up and my kiddos are in good moods.. It just starts the day off right.. Here is what I saw when I went and got Braxton out of bed this morning.. LOVE HIM!


I started my day with everyone but Braxton and I awake.. Kinlee and Branson (the kiddos I watch during the week) got here soon after.. I was in full "craftiness" mode..

Here are some sneak peaks of some of the crafts we worked on yesterday for presents...


I also worked on some things for the house and for my shop SassyFrass Homemade.

**If you are interested in seeing more designs, please visit SassyFrass Homemade. All ready to ship designs are $10 (including necklace and pendant) or $15 for custom orders (including necklace and pendant)**


For one of my crafts I needed Mod Podge. If any of you are crafters, you know that Mod Podge is EXPENSIVE! So, here is my homemade version.. This is what you need...

White school glue.
A jar with twice the volume of your glue
Water
Yeah, that's it

Squeeze the glue into the jar. Fill the glue bottle with water. Seal and shake. Now squeeze that watery stuff into the jar. Seal and shake. Is it completely blended?
Yes?
Go decoupage something.

All the crafts were super fun today, but not with out a BooBoo.. 
**FYI Sandpaper Cuts HURT!!!**

Courtlynn was a pill during nap time today. I don't know what it is about that girl. She REFUSES to take naps sometimes.. I'm sorry, you are only 2, you WILL take a nap.. This is what "No Nap" looks like in our house..





She finally gave up and I rewarded her with a nice bath.. IN MY TUB!!!




Emma was 100% into all the crafts.. She's going to be my little Martha Stewart, minus the criminal charges!

Braxton was as happy as ever.. Mommy gave him a Mohawk today.. teehee




Dinner last night was Coyboy Casserole, thank you Pinterest! Here is the recipe:

Cowboy Casserole

1 1/2 pounds ground beef (I used 80/20)
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 can (15.25oz) whole kernel corn, drained
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup milk
4 tablespoons sour cream
1 bag (30 oz) frozen tater tots (I used Ore-Ida Crispy Crowns)

Before I got ready to make this casserole, I let the Crispy Crowns sit on the counter to defrost for an hour or so. The original recipe used still frozen tater tots, but I felt they wouldn't cook as well if they were still frozen solid.

In a large skillet cook the onion until tender and translucent. Add the chopped garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Add the beef and cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain the mixture and place into a large bowl and set aside.

In a small bowl combine the soup, milk and sour cream. Whisk until smooth. Add to hamburger mixture and stir to combine. Add corn and 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Gently mix to combine.

Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer half of the Crispy Crowns on the bottom, pour the hamburger mixture over the top and then layer with the other half of the Crispy Crowns. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bake at 350 for 25 - 30 minutes, or until golden brown and crunchy.
While working today, Emma and Courtlynn did get along GREAT! I love listening to them play.. here is a conversation that I over heard...
WARNING: PG-13
Emma: What color is this ball?
Courtlynn: Wello (yellow)
E: Good job, What color is this ball?
C: geen (green)
E: Good job, What about this ball?
C: wed (red)
E (to me): Mommy, Courtlynn said this ball is red and it is! But... we don't have any blue balls! 
I about lost it.. I know.. I have a 12 yr old boys mind!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After Courtlynn's bath she crawled up in my lap and wanted me to play "piggies", so I did it a couple of times.. Everyone knows the "piggies", but incase you don't..
This little piggie went to market,
This little piggie stayed home, 
This little piggie ate roast beef,
This little piggie had none,
This little piggie went wee wee wee all the way home (while tickling her)
Well, we did this a few times, she wanted me to do her left foot and then her right foot, but I drew the line when she wanted me to start with her hands.. I said, "No Courtlynn, you do it".. this is her version of Piggies..
Dis rosp bee
Dis home
Dis had no
Dis doo wee wee wee

LOVE HER!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One more Courtlynn story...

As I was getting her out of the bath tub, she said, "I go potty!" WOOHOO.. So, I put her on the potty and here is the rest of the convo:

Me: Push
Courtlynn: I don't want to, you push my belly
M: No
C: I need my Dora (her potty seat)
M: No, your fine
C: I need a stool
M: Please just poop! 
C: I no need poop
M: Then pee
C: I peed on towel

I look down at the towel by the tub and sure enough, she had peed while I was drying her off to get on the potty.. Hey, there are some good things that came out of this though..

1: She knew she had to go
2: She told me
3: I need to move FAST when she says GO!

So, that was my day.. I did have to run to Firewheel to drop off an order infront of Starbucks and run a Thirty-One order to someone's house, and go by Walmart to get milk on the way home, but that's just all in a day's work, right! :)

This is how I ENDED my night!


I leave you with a Bible verse on rest:
Exodus 33:14 “My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I am going to have to try the cowboy casserole it sounds great, Id make it for dinner tonight but I dont have the tator tots and frankly dont wanna go to the commissary but soon!!! I have pinned the coasters on pinterest and want to try to make some soon. I have the ones were you slide the picture inside the glass but these are much more fun.

    ReplyDelete