Thursday, December 15, 2011

Nothing Like Waiting Until The Last Minute!

So, Wednesday, December 14, 11 days before Christmas, we decide we are going to see Santa, make Grinch cookies, and do some laundry!

The girls and I got up and going around 7:20 this morning, the babysitting kiddos got here around 8:00 and by 8:30 we were baking!

Back up to about 7:45, right after breakfast.... I was starting my blog from the previous day, and it got REALLY quiet! **That's NEVER a good thing** I tip toed into the kitchen, where I had last seen them, and there they were, sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor............................ "READING" Jesus books! HOW SWEET IS THAT!!!???!!!


I feel bad, almost a week has gone by and I have not posted any pics of the kiddos I watch.. meet Kinlee Dawn, and Branson Joe...





Aren't they cuties.. Kinlee turned 1 in August and Branson was born September 11 (cool bday, huh)

Another thing that I should be ashamed of my self for not doing.. I bought this REALLY cute advent calendar at the beginning of November, put it under my sofa table, and forgot about it until YESTERDAY! So, I guess, better late than never and we started it on day 11!


**Every other day, Santa drops further down the chimney until it's Christmas Eve**

We decided that TODAY we would make Grinch Cookies.. Thank you Mrs. Britni for bringing over Sugar Cookie mix when you dropped off the kiddos! Here is the recipe:


1 pouch sugar cookie mix (1lb 1.5 oz)
1/2 c butter, soft
1/4 tsp mint extract
6-8 drops of green food coloring
1 egg
1 c creme de menthe baking chips (mint chips)
1 c semi sweet chocolate chips

Preheat 350

In lg bowl stir cookie mix, butter, extract, food coloring, and egg until soft dough forms. Stir in both chips

Drop 1 tsp of dough 2 inches apart on ungreased sheet.

bake 8-10 min. cool 3 min on sheet. Remove and cool on rack until cool.
Super Duper EASY and Super Duper GOOD!





After the cookies were made and they were cooling, I went to do feed the baby on the couch and they girls were playing.. All of a sudden, Courtlynn walks in and says, "Sister eating a toockie (cookie)!".. I called Emma in the room, and without laughing, I asked her if she had been in the cookies.. she said No.. I asked her again... she said No.. I didn't believe her, but I'll let you be the judge of it...



Remember my Joann's finds that I posted about a few days ago, ya know, the one with the cream color burlap?!?! Well, I decided that I was FINALLY going to make the kiddos "pretty" stockings! I made Braxton's and it turned out sooooooo cute.. went to make Courtlynn's and I have NO IDEA what happened! I stitched and stitched and stitched and I COULD NOT get all the layers to do what I wanted them to... so, this is what the fire place would have looked like, just imagine 2 more stockings as cute as Braxton's with a "E" and a "C" hanging infront of them! Boo!!! Now I need to go and buy some CHEAP plain white stockings!





I know I didn't post much about my day today, but I'll let you in on a little secret.. The more you craft, the more you bake, the more you Pinterest, the more you blog, the more LAUNDRY that piles up!! THAT was the rest of my day!!!



Right before Daddy got home, we got ready to go to Bass Pro Shop.. the kiddos were SUPER excited about going to see Santa.. Emma and Courtlynn wanted to show me how they were going to smile for Santa, and Braxton joined in..



 
Now to the BIG ending to our day... WE WENT AND SAW SANTA..

**Side note: I TOTALLY felt like a little kid again and wanted to be on my best behavior while standing in line because secretly I knew Santa was watching!! (it's so fun being a Mommy!!)**

We got to Bass Pro Shop around 7:00 pm, and Santa was scheduled to stop taking pictures at 8:00 pm! I was kinda worried when we started down the glass elevator and saw the line!! We went ahead and stood in the line and a little "elf" came over and gave us 3 "Bass Passes" and said we were lucky because he only had 2 more passes left. WooHoo, we were good, if you had a pass, you were in with Santa!! The kids did so good waiting in line.. It also helps that Bass Pro has LOTS of stuff to do to keep them busy.. Here are a few of the pics we took while waiting..


After waiting around 30 min (NOT BAD) it was our turn.. Emma went first and was a trooper.. She told Santa that she wanted a "Paint Thing".. WOW, you gave me ALOT kid! Courtlynn watched Emma from the side lines and wasn't so sure about going up there.. I told the lady taking pics that I didn't care what the pic looked like (ie: if she screaming and crying, take it anyway!!). Courtlynn had to be "helped" onto Santa's lap, but once she was up there, she was "good". By good I mean, she didn't cry. That DIDN'T mean she talked to him, but she did sit there and let us get a picture. Braxton was as cool, calm, and collected as always and in less than 5 min we were done talking with Santa and had FREE pictures in tow.. here they are.. (Sorry, I had to take a pic of a pic, don't have a scanner)...




I was such a "bad mommy" and we didn't get anything to eat BEFORE we went and saw Santa (hello, I didn't want their face and clothes messed up), so we went to CiCi's (BLAH) after seeing Santa..


That was our day.. I'll leave you with a "Funny Pic From the Day" and a Bible verse on "being scared" notice picture!! (teehee)


**Okay, this makes me laugh out loud even today!! She was trying to be so brave and said she wasn't scared, but LOOK AT THAT FACE!!**
For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, “Fear not, I am the one who helps you.” ~ Isaiah 41:13

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment