Friday, December 9, 2011

Let's NOT Talk About Yesterday, Let's Focus On Today!

Yesterday, Thursday, December 8th = SUCK FEST

Yes, I am VERY thankful to God for every day that I am given, and I try to glorify Him in all I do, but today just SUCKED! Here is a good illustration that sums up my day (and also with Miss Emma did)


So, the Nut Cracker lost his head. How many times do I have to tell the girls to leave the stuff on the entry table alone?!?! Emma's response to breaking it, "Oh well, at least it was mine and not Courtlynn's!" Ahhh!!

Okay, so I DID get some things done.. Here are the 2 Christmas presents I was working on the other day that I did the "sneak peek".. One is a man's knitted scarf and the other is a A&M Coffee Coozie..



I was also able to work on an order that is due Saturday and got a start on our place mats for the table...



Funny story: I was making Emma's lunch and I was giving her some turkey.. Here is the convo:

Emma: What is turkey made out of?
Me: Turkey
Emma: Hummmm... That's funny.. Turkey the food and turkey the animal, 2 different things, 1 name..

**I think I'll save this convo for later and NOT turn her vegetarian too early!**

So, dinner.. I made chicken and mac n cheese for the kiddos and did something for Greg and I that I have never done before.. **Thank you Pinterest**

I made FRIED MAC N CHEESE.. **HEAVEN!**

Here is the recipe:

Fried Mac & Cheese Balls
makes 8 balls
2 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 tablespoon flour
3/4 cup half and half
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 packed cup leftover mac & cheese (I used Kraft)
1/2 cup flour
1 beaten egg
1 cup panko (you can also use regular bread crumbs)
pecorino or parmesan cheese for serving
Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the flour and stir vigorously until the mixture is bubbling. Remove the pan from the heat, then slowly whisk in the half and half until it is fully incorporated and there are no lumps. Return the pan to a medium-low heat stove and use a silicone spatula to continuously scrape the bottom of the pan to keep the sauce from burning. When the sauce is thick and bubbly, remove the pan from the heat and add the mac & cheese. Stir to combine, then taste for salt and adjust as needed. Cool to room temperature, then place the mixture into the fridge to harden.
Once the macaroni mixture has cooled, it will be very firm. Use a spoon to scoop out a 1 1/2″ ball, then roll it between your hands to make it round, pressing down a bit to remove any air pockets. You should be able to make about 8 balls.
Add about 2 inches of oil into a heavy bottomed pot. Turn the heat onto medium high, and watch for the temperature to reach about 320 degrees F. In the mean time, get 3 shallow bowls out, and put the flour in one, the egg in another and the panko in the third. Roll each ball in the flour to coat evenly, then in the egg (make sure it’s well coated with egg or the panko won’t stick). Lastly, drop the balls in the panko and roll around to coat evenly.
Line a wire rack with paper towels to place the balls on once they’re fried. Fry each ball, rolling them around so they brown evenly until they are golden brown and crisp. Transfer the fried mac and cheese balls to a paper towel lined rack and let them drain. Let them cool for a minute before serving, then top with plenty of grated cheese.


As I am making dinner, I hear BANGING outside.. I open in blinds in my back door and this is what I see..

**Don't mind the can of spray paint in the yard!!**

So, I hadn't been home 1 night during the week this week, and I told myself I was staying home  TONIGHT! Well, that didn't happen.. I HAD to go to Target to return a shirt and get a different color.. Okay, so not so bad.. I got to Target and was about to turn into a parking spot when I saw someone coming from the other way. I stopped to let them pass before turning into my spot.. SHE TOOK MY SPOT!! I sat there a little dumbfounded and realized she wasn't going to pull forward into the next open spot, so I went around and took the spot facing her and glared at her (I know, not a very Christian thing to do, I'm only human!).. Once I thought she had gotten the appropriate amount of glaring, I grabbed my bag and started for the doors. Wouldn't you know she grabbed something out of her passenger seat and RAN to the customer service line AHEAD OF ME!!! Oh, it was on.. GLARE IN FULL FORCE! Luckily, I got done BEFORE her (I felt a little better inside).. I got back out to my car and got to thinking, maybe she was in a hurry, maybe she had someone sick at home, maybe she REALLY needed the money. We don't know what everyone is going through when they do ugly things, so instead of GLARING THEM DOWN, pray for them! **lesson learned, until next time :)**

I will end Thursday with a funny pic from the day... Braxton was in the bath and I turned around to wash him up and look what I found in the tub...

 **Note towel in tub**

NOW we are FINALLY to FRIDAY!!!!

Braxton (he's B's bff!!)

**Give a kid a toy, he'll play with the box**
**Also, we usually get REALLY cute pics of the boys together, but today we were a little off, sorry**

Jamie and Colin left and we got ready for 2 of our favorites.. The Rose Family and Papa Murphy's Pizza.. 





I also had a Thirty-One shipment come in.. woohoo.. 4 new products that I didn't have in my inventory, and now I do!! woohoo!!



Here is the "funny pic" for today.. Emma INSISTED on being the "funny pic" and wanted to show everyone her "funny face" **kinda scary**



Since Thursday was such a bad day for me, here is a verse that you (and I) might find helpful!


Psalm 50:15 and call upon me in the day of trouble;    I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.”


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Your posts seriously cracks me up, I look forward to more. PS: I totally would have given that lady the stare down. Im pretty good at the look just ask my momma. lol.

    ReplyDelete