Monday, December 12, 2011

A Look Back At The Weekend...

This weekend was BUSY!!! So BUSY I took like 1 picture all weekend! I know BAD MOMMY!! I do have some stories for you.. I'll take you down my BUSY weekend....

Saturday:

On Saturday, December 10, I had to Thirty-One party in Murphy at 10:00 am... I was headed to the party and realized that I needed to stop by Target and get some goodies to give away, the $1 bins are a LIFE SAVER! So, I stopped and got some goodies, went to the bank and headed to the party. Of course my GPS on my "smart phone" wasn't so smart and didn't know WHERE I was going so I wound up being 10 min later than I wanted to be. It's all good though because the party guests showed right on time and I WAS set up.. SA-WEET!

  **For those who don't know what Thirty-One is, feel free to visit my web site at Thirty-One**

After the Thirty-One party, I rushed home to finish the t-shirt order I have been working on. I was ALMOST done, and the machine decided to eat one of my shirts.. ARG! I got the shirts finished, everyone loaded up in the van, and realized I hadn't made the meatballs for the Sunday School Christmas party! AHHH!! I got all the stuff together to make those, put them in a bag, and a Thirty-One FedEx shipment comes to the door! Loaded that into the van **it's Mama's order** and head for Mama and Daddy's house.


We get to Mama and Daddy's house, unload, Greg starts the meatballs while I go through the Thirty-One shipment, we get the kiddos settled and leave. WooooHooo, night with no kiddos!! **Side note: I LOVE my kids, but love time away too**

For our Christmas party this year, we decided to go Christmas Caroling at 2 of the local nursing homes, come back to the church, eat, and do white elephant. It was so much fun.. I wound up bringing home a light up cup for Emma and a gift I can't say because I'm wrapping it up for Bryan for Christmas. Greg wound up with some thing that my nephew, Seth, is going to love, so I can't put that on here either! :)

Here are a few pics from Saturday night's party **Pics courtesy of Gena Clifton**:




**Story of the pickle ornament: "In old world Germany, the last decoration placed on the Christmas Tree was always a pickle cafefully hidden deep in the branches. Legend has it that the observant child who found it on Christmas Day was blessed with a year of good fortune and a special gift."**

Saturday was ALOT of fun. We didn't get home till almost 10:00pm.. 

Sunday:

Sunday started out just like any other Sunday, getting ready for church, until we were about to walk out the door and Greg remembered it was PJ day for the kiddos! I stripped off their clothes and found some Jammies REALLY quick and away we went.

After church we ran by Subway and got some $2 6 in sandwiches, ate them at the house, and then headed out to Plano. **Note: we would NOT have had to come all the way back to the house if I hadn't forgotten the order that Mrs. Patty had ordered and I was supposed to deliver!!**
We got to Plano, and Emma and I ran into Joann Fabrics to get a 12x12 picture frame to put the order in and some other paper that I needed for my next project (pics to come tomorrow)... We delivered the order to Patty and headed back to Wylie.


**Patty's order**



We ran to Albertson's to get stuff to make dinner for a couple in our Sunday School class and headed to Mama and Daddy's house. I started boiling the chicken while Greg ran BACK to Lavon to the house to get the deposit for Bryan's account! **ANOTHER Side Note: He WOULD NOT have had to run back to the house if I hadn't of forgotten the deposit, what's wrong with my brain!?!?!** While the chicken was boiling, I put in the Thirty-One orders from the previous day and then made the dumps! I delivered the dumps a little after 6:00 pm, went and picked up a check from a friend for Bryan's deposit, got back to Mama and Daddy's to pick up the kiddos and Greg (he was so sweet and had cleaned up all my dishes from cooking the dumps), and headed HOME! THANK GOODNESS!!!

We, including the kids, were pooped when we got home. It took all we had not to go to bed right when we walked through the door, but we waited until 8:30!! Yes, Greg and I went to bed at 8:30 PM and I only woke up once to potty and slept till 7:15!!! GREATNESS!!

Since this was a weekend FILLED with friends, I'll finish with a Bible verse on friendship:


John 15:12-15 “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Gosh you had a busy weekend, mine was filled with baking and more baking since the hubbs is away right now.

    ReplyDelete