Thursday, December 8, 2011

Just Another Day... And Yesterday!

Okay.. I got home REALLY late last night from running around Wylie like a mad woman **see later story** so pretend this is last night and I'm posting about "yesterday" (that's really now just Tuesday) and "tonight" (which is really last night), so confusing! 

So, last night I was in a desperate need of a girl's night.. so my sister inlaw, Amber, and I went to dinner and then to our favorite place in the universe, JOANN FABRICS.. **Cue Choir of Angels... NOW**


We had both never been to Cotton Patch Cafe, even though I had it catered for our rehearsal dinner (neither of us ate), so we decided to go there after seeing the Buffalo Wild Wings and Chipotle parking lots **Amber had never been to these places either! Has she been living under a rock!!** They have a new salad that was sooo nummy.... Check it out for yourself...


Then we went over to Joann's and just skimmed the aisles of GREATNESS! I did wind up spending $8.64, but considering what I got, it was worth it!


So, fast forward, I get home in bed and wake up the next morning. I'm sitting on the couch and my girls walk in the room... THIS is what I see...


Greg was obviously home with the girls last night and got them dressed for bed.. Emma, I guess, decided to wear a ballet dress up outfit, and Courtlynn is wearing one of Emma's GOOD shirts! It's all good though, they had fun and no harm done. I just thought it was so funny when I saw this, this morning.

Now to start my day... I first tackled the kitchen.. it was DISGUSTING!


Then, what's the first thing you want to do in a CLEAN kitchen?!?! MESS IT UP! I decided that I would use something from my Pinterest addiction finds! I made Greg Eggnog Fudge. Here is the recipe:

Eggnog Fundge

Ingredients:
 2 c sugar
1/2 c butter
3/4 c eggnog
10.5 oz white chocolate chips
1/2 tsp nutmeg
7 oz marshmallow creme
1 tsp rum extract


Line 8x8 pan with foil and butter.


In saucepan, heat sugar, butter, and eggnog to rolling boil, stirring constantly. Continue boiling 8-10 minutes on med heat. Remove from heat. With wooden spoon, quickly stir in chocolate chips and nutmeg. Stir until melted and smooth. Stir in marshmallow creme and rum extract until well blended. Pour in pan and sprinkle with nutmeg. Refrigerate to cool completely. Cut into squares and store in covered container! Tada!




  I worked on my "Christmas Table" **I'm not done, working on it today** and some Christmas presents.. Here is a picture of my "Fall Table" and a "Sneak Peek" of the Christmas presents...






That's just part of my day... The kiddos were pretty well behaved all day. 5:00 pm hit though and Braxton turned into his demon self... I don't know what's been going on with him! For the past week or so, once 5:00 hits, he turns into a screaming little demon child. Don't believe me, come and stay with him! AHHHHH!!





As alot of people know, right now we are in the process of POTTY TRAINING Courtlynn!!! Well, today I was taking a bath **trying to get the screaming out of my head, I put him in his crib to cry it out** Courtlynn came in and said she had to go poo poo!! WOOOOHOOOOOOO! **I KNOW she is going to HATE me later, but I got a picture of her on the potty.. teehee**


So, after poopoo in the potty and my bath, I went to start dinner... it got REALLY quiet **that's NEVER a good thing** I went to check on the girls and Emma is laughing hysterically at Courtlynn.. I'll let you see what I found...


Knowing that I was going to have to go and meet people tonight at Starbucks at 7:30, I went with an easy dinner that the girls LOVE!


Then I kissed the kiddos and the hubby bye bye and headed for my outing.. I had to meet 2 people at Starbucks to pick up Thirty-One orders, 1 person to pick up something I sold them on the Wylie Garage Sale Site **if you haven't been on there, you have to find it on Facebook, it's ADDICTING, I almost sold my children!!**, and 1 person that was giving me money for Bryan's return to the US for Christmas **hallelujah** (btw, he was a no show, boo) Then, I had to go to a ladies house and drop off another thing that I sold on the Wylie Garage Sale Site (woohoo), go to Kohl's and return some things, goto Target to get some t-shirts to fill an order, and then go to Walmart to get the rest of the shirts that Target didn't have and a few groceries. I was POOPED when I got back home **hince why this is going out a day late and a dollar short**



So, that was my day! If you're not tired after reading that, you're crazy! Haha.. but join me tonight **or tomorrow if it get's too CRAZY** for today's journeys!

I'll leave you with a quote that came up on my facebook ads bar today **remember yesterday, haha**

“In almost everything that touches our everyday life on earth, God is pleased when we’re pleased. He wills that we be as free as birds to soar and sing our maker’s praise without anxiety.” ~A.W. Tozer

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Busy days! Love what the girls slept in! So silly! And thank you for making your blog mobile friendly now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to mention the blackened grilled cheese your husband made! LOL!

    ReplyDelete