Monday, January 30, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

I hope everyone had a WONDERFUL weekend. Ours was pretty laid back, yet fun.

Friday wasn't such a good day in the Rice household, again, for the girls. They are being so sneaky. Every time I turn around, they are in the pantry getting things they KNOW they are NOT allowed to have. This time they got quiet, I went into their playroom and they had the fruit Smiles out (the WHOLE box). Emma has successfully already opened 5 packages (that I found) and they had been chowing down. I don't understand why they are doing this. As soon as they wake up they get breakfast and drink. They get a snack around 10, lunch at 12, snack at 2:30 and then dinner around 6. They SHOULD NOT be sneaking food, drink, or anything else they can think of. So, we are going to get a lock for the pantry! We already have a lock for the refrigerator that we haven't been using here lately, and, I think, we are going to have to start using it again. They are still refusing to clean up when I ask them too. Not understanding that one either. They LOVE when their Daddy comes home and he praises them for cleaning their playroom. They LOVE to surprise them, once it's done, but it's getting it done that takes forever (and sometimes my Christianity!)

I did get a little done Friday. I have 2 ladies that are interested in selling Thirty-One under me. (Woohoo) so I got their packets made up and ready to be shipped. I also was able to snatch a coupon on restaurant.com for The Melting Pot. I think this was the BEST deal I have EVER gotten. I purchased a $25 gift certificate for $4!!!! THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT!!!

We ended the day at Chipolte (can you tell that's my FAVORITE place in the world?) and then went over to the Dollar Tree. Nice ending to a not so great day.

Saturday, we had every intention of taking the girls to Amazing Jakes (if you don't know what that is check out Amazing Jakes, it's AWESOME), but they were acting up so much. I wasn't going to stay home though, so we got out and ran to the bank and I asked Greg when HE wanted to do. He said for me to go to Allen. I had NO IDEA where we were going in Allen, but soon he let me in on his plans. HE wanted to buy ME new clothes! SA-WEET! Again, I LOVE coupons, so we went to Fashion Bug where I had a $10 off a $40 purchase. When we pulled up, the windows said EVERYTHING in the ENTIRE store was 40% off the price (even off clearance)!! I got 2 pair of jeans and 3 shirts. It would have been $186 but I only paid $70! SWEET!

We left Fashion Bug and went over to Charming Charlies and I got 2 necklaces to go with a navy and a pink shirt that I bought. **Also on clearance/sale** The 1st necklace was regular $12.95 and was marked down to $7 and the other was regular $14.95 and was also marked down to $7. They were having a sale that if you bought 1 clearance item you could get one 1/2 off. So I walked out of there with 2 necklaces that would have been $28 (before tax) and I spent $11 (with tax)!! I LOVE a deal!

After Charming Charlies it was time for lunch, we stopped by Arby's for the girls and Greg ($1 menu!!) and went over to Mama and Daddy's house for some cards. The rest of the night was laid back and full of fun.

Sunday morning we got up and got ready for church. **Have I told ya'll lately I love Sundays?** Then we went back to Mama and Daddy's house for spaghetti lunch and more cards. While the kiddos were napping, my mom and I ran and got my hair cut and eyebrows waxed **OUCH**. (Pics to come soon, just colored it today and need to do something with it)

Sunday night I had my first Ecuador meeting. I posted on Facebook that I was going, and I wanted to give a little background to this decision.

Ever since Bryan left for Ecuador, Greg and I have been talking about doing some missions. God has been really pulling on our hearts the last couple of months. I didn't know where I wanted to go, I didn't know how I was going to get there, I didn't know what was going to happen with the kids, I just didn't know. The only thing I DID know, is God was telling me to GO!

Well, this past Sunday, January 22, in Sunday School, I was asked to teach a 1st and 2nd grade girls Wednesday night study. It is about Ecuador and 4 weeks long. The first week I would be teaching them where Ecuador is, the second week we would eat something that they eat, the third week they would write a letter to a missionary, and the fourth week they would talk about what they learned and how they could implement that in their lives. I was, and am, so excited to do this. So, that was cool.

Then, I went to church service and it was about mourning. Kris (our pastor) talked about the healthy, Christian way to mourn, the way God intended it. Well, as alot of you know, my father inlaw was a missionary, he passed away a year ago this past September, and his heart was in the middle of Ecuador. Greg and I have been having a hard time, still dealing with his passing, and this sermon helped me realize that we need to move on and continue spreading the Word like he did.

Lastly, I was leaving service and Kyle (the college group leader) came up to me and asked me if I was going to Ecuador in May with them. I had not talked to anyone, except Greg, about possibly going on a mission trip, let alone this one and to Ecuador, so this came as a complete SHOCK. I told him no, but had a weird feeling in my stomach as I walked away. When we got to the van, Greg and I started talking about what all had happened in just 3 hours. Greg and I decided that God was telling me to go to Ecuador. He was reconfirming it with all the people I talked to at the church and Kris' sermon. so....

I'm going to ECUADOR!



That's really all that happened this weekend. I didn't get a chance to take many pics, but I do have a few I'll leave you with. I hope everyone has a wonderful week, and 4 more days till date weekend!!!!!!

**Emma trying to put Courtlynn's diaper on (I know, we are STILL potty training)**

 **The girls found my hat and decided they wanted their pics with it on**

**Courtlynn wanted to do a "silly face" so I asked her to do a "cute smiley face" first, this is what I got**

**THIS is how you make sure they aren't doing anything while you try to get ready!!**

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment