Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Little Bit Of This And A Little Bit Of That...

Howdy again.. It’s been a crazy week and weekend. We decided that Saturday we were going to go and check out this new Walmart in Dallas (yes, we ARE that boring).. It’s pretty cool though. There is a Walmart on top and Sams Club on bottom. It has a parking garage and all. The store was cool, but the staff… BLAH! I have NEVER been to a Walmart where they treat you THAT bad! It was over all, a waste of time, but sometimes, you need that! J

After we got back from Walmart, we called Mama and Daddy up and they came over and played cards and I made dinner. I made Chicken Cordon Blue, Parmesan Knots, and Salad! YUMMY!

**Sorry, I didn’t get any pics.. It was eaten before the camera could even make it out.**

Sunday, oh how I love Sundays! We went to Sunday School, oops, I mean “Growth Groups” and then to a wonderful service with Praise and Worship and then a sermon on “Mourning.” If you have never been to FBC Wylie, you must visit sometime, we would LOVE to have you!

After Church, we went to Genghis Grill and stuffed ourselves. That place is so nummy. I could eat there and Chipolte EVERYDAY! We finished eating and headed to Crazy 8, children’s clothing store for those who don’t know, and bought Braxton THE CUTEST little shirt and hat for his pictures at 3:00 pm. We rushed out and, THANK GOD, the kiddos slept for an hour in the car on the way to McKinney. B’s pics went great, he was super cute, as always, and I can’t wait to get some of them sent over to me.

So.. Highlight of the day… while we were in Sunday School/ Growth Groups, I was approached by a lady in the class and was asked to help lead a 1st and 2nd grade girl’s study. I was asked to do the missions part of the study and focus on ECUADOR!! Then, as we were leaving service, one of the leaders in the church came up to me and asked me if I was going on the Ecuador mission trip that is schedule for May. Okay, you have to know a little bit more to know how WONDERFUL this is. As you know, my brother is a missionary in Ecuador, this team going in May is going to be working with my brother, I have been praying for clarity if I should go (worried about leaving the kiddos and Greg), and then BAM! God totally made it super clear to me. He said, “GO!” so I am!!! I will be going on my first mission trip to Ecuador in May 2012! Praise the Lord!

The 3rd Monday of every month we have a Ladies Craft Night where we make goodies for the nursing home. I love to participate whenever possible. This month we were making little weaved hearts from paper and ribbon and filling them with Hershey Kisses. They are going to LOVE them.

Tuesday, I literally did NOTHING because Braxton has become a little pill. I know, people are saying, “Not cute little B!”, but believe me.. HE’S THE DEVIL COME 4 PM!! He did nothing but scream and it wasn’t just 4 pm.. NO!! It was all day long. I know he is getting 3 teeth in at one time, but little man, you have to give Mommy a break every once in a while! So, I sat on the couch, holding Braxton, and watched Grey’s Anatomy ALL DAY LONG! (Okay, I guess that’s not half bad!)--Teehee~ Oh wait, I did do something.. I couple of things.. I went through the pantry, freezer, and refrigerator and made a list of EVERYTHING that was in there. Then I sat down with my trusty PINTEREST and made out a list of 25 meals that I could make and I'm only going to have to buy 15 things to do it! Woohoo.. I also got an idea from Pinterest to start a "Family Planner".. I looked at all of the pages and decided that I didn't need ALL of them in my binder since I am home all the time with them. So, I started a family planner, April style.. once I have all the pages made, I'll share them with you. :)

Wednesday.. Oh, Wednesday.. I got a lot done today. I managed to find EVERY STITCH of dirty laundry that was EVERYWHERE around this house. (That’s A LOT) I did 10 loads of laundry, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, made a batch of cookies (from the “Greatest Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER” recipe), all while dealing with “the devil”.. **I say, “The devil” with all the LOVE in my heart**

So, now, Gregory is home, I have had a nice relaxing bubble bath and sitting here in my room having quiet time. It’s nice having a hubby that can take over sometimes when my day has been rough.

On the agenda for tonight.. FOLDING! BLAH!!!

Have a GREAT day everyone!




Here are a few pics from the last few days..


 **This child ate 1/2 PB&J, Peaches, 1/3 banana, Fishies, and then 3 helpings (this size) of pasta.. I think she was hungry!!**


**Looking at Mommy through the Pack 'N Play**
**See they can be sweet.. On Monday, at nap time, I thought I heard them talking, went into their room, and this is how I found them.. Too sweet**

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment