Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Date Night, Shopping, & Super Bowl, THAT'S A Weekend!

I know, I know, this is totally late, but I am JUST NOW getting some quiet time to blog! **and it's really not THAT quiet in here right now, but hey, I can't ask for it to be perfect!**

I KNOW you have been DYING to know about my date night with Gregory **if not, PRETEND**.. Here we go.. He came home around 1:00 pm on Friday and we got all packed and ready to go. When my babysitting kiddos left at 3:00 pm we packed up and headed out the door. I was kinda rushing him, telling him I would put the bags in the car and all, but he was insistent on putting them in the car himself. (little did I know, he had a surprise in the car)! We got to Addison around 4:00 and checked into our room. Here are some pics..


Our room was super nice! We got ready and headed to The Melting Pot and enjoyed a 2 hr dinner. The only thing that would have been better about the date  night would have been the last part of dinner. We were sitting in a L shaped booth and I was facing the outside where I could see other tables. There was a mother and son that came in (he looked around 8-9), and they were seated in my view. At first everything was fine, but then the food started coming. He got OUT OF HIS SEAT, stood over the pot and was eating the cheese standing up. Then the meat got there and he was standing over the pot, fanning the smoke, chewing with his mouth full, and talking to the top of his lungs. When they took that away and they were waiting on their chocolate, he decided that he was going to CRAWL UNDER THE TABLE, swing on the booth, go to other peoples' tables and stare, and run around. The chocolate came and he almost touched the pot and the waiter had to say something to him. COME ON NOW! If I was his mother, there would be NO WAY he would be acting like that. It was so crazy. I didn't let that ruin our nice night though! 

We left The Melting Pot and went back to the hotel, got in the hot tube, got too hot (haha), cooled off on the bed (while on Facebook) and hit the hay. We were in bed and asleep by 10:00! GREAT DATE NIGHT!

Saturday morning, we woke up and had breakfast, waffles, sausage and eggs, at the hotel and then headed into Wylie to pick up Emma from my mom and dad's house and then on into Lavon. We decided that we would head out to Firewheel and do some shopping and get the girls' hair cut. They had it cut at Sweet and Sassy and LOVED every minute of it. **Emma wants to have her b-day party there**

**The girls with their sparkle stars on their face, hair cut, and sparkles in their hair. They felt like princesses**

We did get a little shopping done also. I got a DRESS at Target **I've owned 2 dresses since I got married, my wedding dress and a maternity dress. THIS IS A BIG DEAL!!** Then we went to Old Navy and I got some leggings. We went to Lane Bryant and I found 2 pair of boots. I can NEVER find boots that fit me. Ask Greg, I have been looking for the past 6 years for A pair of boots and I found TWO pair on Saturday. I got them both. One pair is grey, knee high boots and the other pair are black and come a little above my ankle. You know how I LOVE a good deal, so here is the run down on them!! Boot #1 regular $79.99, marked down to $49.99 and then was 1/2 off the marked down price!! Boot #2, regular $49.99, marked down to $29.99 and then 1/2 off the marked down price!!! Total should have been $130 and I paid $40!!! Can I get a WOOHOO!!

**Old Navy**

So, while at Old Navy, I was in the dressing room. Have you ever noticed that they don't have the 12 in open space at the bottoms of their doors? Neither had I! Let me just tell you.. When you are in there and you go to open the door to show your awesome husband that is patiently waiting on you to show him SOMETHING that you have tried on after being in there for the last 30 min with out even a pop out of your head, make sure you MOVE YOUR TOES!! I didn't!!!! This is what happens!!

**This was later that night. The next morning it was pretty blue!**
**Oh, and don't judge my nasty looking toe nails! It's winter, I haven't had a pedi!!**

Sunday, we went to church, then to lunch at Olive Garden, and then wasted some time at Collin Creek Mall. I hadn't been there in FOREVER, so it sounded like something to do to waste some time before heading back to Wylie. I have no idea how long this store has been open or why I had never heard of it, but there is a store in CCM that has $1 accessories!! Okay, I know you are thinking CHEAP! You got that right. Who cares if it breaks, and with 3 little ones that is most likely going to happen, or you lose it! It was only $1!!! I got me 4 necklaces, 2- 3 count bangle bracelets, Emma and Courtlynn both a head band, and both girls a necklace, bracelet, earring combo all for $10.83!!! LOVE!!!


**Emma's new headband and necklace**

After messing around at the mall, we headed back into Wylie to our good friends, Gena and Derek Clifton's house. They had our entire Sunday School class over for a Super Bowl party. It was so much fun and I can't wait to do it again next year!

Well, if you know us and you know the Rose family, you know we LOVE Yogurt Cup **a yogurt place in Wylie**. The Rose family was at the Super Bowl party also so we all decided that when we left we would head over to YC (as we call it) and have us a little treat.. YUMMY!

Monday, it was back to work for Gregory, and back to the "real world" for me. I got to cleaning the house, laundry, dishes, picking up, I had to call Thirty-One home office again and get some things straightened out for some customers, of course had to Castleville **darn you Brenda**, along with watching 5 children under 5! Busy Busy day. 

I did get a couple of charts made up that I have been waiting to do. The girls have really been on a bad behavior spree here lately. I wanted to make them a behavior chart and see how that worked for them. Here is what I came up with.. 

**BTW, Mama, if you are reading this, I have used you as a reward!! teehee**

Also, I want to start teaching the girls about helping out around the house and about giving, saving, and spending. I was not taught growing up how to give and save **I was good at the spending part.. haha** So, I made the girls a "chore chart" and figured I would give Emma $4 at the end of the week if she does all of her chores and Courtlynn $2 for the same (their ages). I'm going to be making up 3 jars for them here in the next few days that are going to say "Give", "Save" and "Mine". They are going to have to do their tithing and mission giving (25%) and they are going to have to save 25% and then they can do whatever with the other. I hope this is a good learning experience for them and also help them feel like they are contributing to the house hold! Here are the charts I came up with..

**I made these so they would fit into an 8x10 picture frame. We are going to use dry erase markers to mark off as they do each chore. So far, so good**

Last, but not least, if you look at the end of each one of my posts, now, there is a "Pin It" button. If you click that, it will allow you to pin any of my posts! SWEET! 

**This is what it looks like**

If you don't know what pinning is, shame on you and you need to contact me ASAP!!

So, that's it for today. I'm going to post another post later with my summary of The Bachelor. I hope each one of you had a WONDERFUL weekend. I'm going to leave you with the picture of my new hair, as promised!



Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Your hair looks great! I love the chore chart, I always start stuff like this with Jo but I have NO follow through!

    ReplyDelete